Monday, October 20, 2008

City Union Mission =)

Okay, so...my family and I went to City Union Mission on Saturday to serve food. We were told to get there early to heat up the food and all that. So we still had plenty of time after we had set up all the stuff so I went out to the playground and started playing basketball, and just shooting around. Then a young boy named Desmond, who I later found out was 11 years old, came up to me and asked to shoot around with me so we did. We played a quick game and then I told him I needed to go in and see how much time we had left. So I said bye to him and then he asked if he could get my phone number. So we traded numbers and I was wondering if he was really going to call me sometime. I got a picture of him and then he left. When we came home after serving food I started thinking about Desmond, and realized that maybe God put him in my life for a reason. So I waited and waited for what seemed like forever, but it was only one day and then he called. I talked to him for a while, and then learned some more about him. He is living at the New life Center, which is like an apartment that you can live in for about a year, and you get help finding a job and financing your money and stuff. Then hopefully they can move out and find a new place. He lives with his Mom and 13 year old brother. He is a really nice kid, and I'm not sure if he goes to any sort of Church or chapel, but I'm hoping to find out next time I talk to him. So...that's about it. I just thought I would share that interesting story. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hun if I keep commenting on your blog, you have to comment on mine. and this IS an order!

Your Parol Officer
rachel(♥)ann